Sunday, March 10, 2013

Roll for More - Place Value and Addition Skills

Everyday in my class we do math centers.  This way I can meet with my lower kids and help them grasp the math skill from that week a little better.  Well, earlier this week we took a little break and my low kids did centers too.  So I watched them work with other partners, and I was so impressed with this one particular center because these kiddos were not playing the game like were supposed to BUT it was actually a better rendition than the original rules.  They were not only practicing their place value skills (the whole center was supposed to focus on this) but they were also practicing their addition skills (they were rolling two dice and then building the sum of the two with their tens and ones manipulatives).  Since I loved this idea I decided I would post it for FREE! Hope everyone enjoys it as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment